Privacy and Cookies Policy
The purpose of this statement is to set out how we use personal information
that we may obtain about you. By either registering as a user of any services
provided by Rochford on this website and by using the Rochford web site
generally you agree to this use.
Use of your Personal Information
1. When you register and use this site:
- You will be asked to provide certain information such as your contact
details. We will store this data and hold it on computers or otherwise. We
will use this data to fulfil our agreement with you.
2. We may use information that you provide or that is obtained by us:
- To register you with our web site and to administer our web site
- for assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer and product
analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we
offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant
information through our marketing programme. We may use your information to
make decisions about you using computerised technology, for example
automatically selecting products or services which we think will interest
you from the information we have. We may keep you informed of such products
and services (including special offers, discounts, offers, competitions and
so on by any of the following methods:
- telephone (including automated calls)
- SMS text message and other electronic messages such as picture
- or otherwise (including products and services of other companies and
organisations) which we consider may be of interest to you. If you do not
wish Rochford to receive information of such products and services, please
tick the opt-out box provided when registering on this website.
- To administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter.
3. We may supplement the information that you provide to us with information
that we receive from third parties.
4. In order to protect our customers and us from fraud and theft, we may
pass on information that we obtain from making identity checks and other
information in our customer records, including how you conduct your account, to
other Group companies, other retailers and to financial and other organisations
(including law enforcement agencies) involved in fraud prevention and
detection, to use in the same way.
Disclosure of Your Information
5. We may give information about you to the following, who may use it for
the same purposes as set out above:
- to other companies in the Group;
- to employees and agents of the Group to administer any accounts,
products and services provided to you by the Group now or in the
- agents who (on our behalf) profile your data so that we may tailor the
goods/services we offer to your specific needs;
- to other organisations for the administration of prize draws or
- to anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties
under our agreement with you;
- if we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
6. New technologies are emerging on the Internet that help us to deliver
customised visitor experiences. In particular, there is a technology called
“cookies” which may be used by us to provide you with, for example, customised
information from our web site. A cookie is an element of data that a web site
can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system. Cookies allow
us to understand who has seen which pages and advertisements, to determine how
frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas
of our web site. Depending on the type of cookie we use, cookies also allow us
to make our web site more user friendly, for example, permanent cookies allow
us to save your password so that you do not have to re-enter it every time you
visit our web site. If you wish, you can usually adjust your browser so that
your computer does not accept cookies. If you do this, you will still be able
to browse around the site but the functions that allow you to add items to your
trolley, set up a new account or access an existing account will not be
available. Alternatively you can adjust your browser to tell you when a website
tries to put a cookie on your computer. How you adjust your browser to stop it
accepting cookies or to notify you of them, will depend on the type of internet
browser programme your computer uses. If your computer uses Microsoft Internet
Explorer or Netscape Navigator, you will need to follow these instructions
after clicking onto this link
Go to the heading “Manage Cookies”. Click
onto the option you prefer, either stopping cookies being installed, or
notifying you of them. From the list provided, click onto the programme which
your computer uses. If this is not shown on the list, click on the “help”
heading on the bar at the top of this page, search for information on “cookies”
– an explanation of how to delete cookies will appear, then follow these
7. Please remember, cookies do not contain confidential information such as
your home address, telephone number or credit card details. We do not exchange
cookies with any third party websites or external data suppliers.
8. Your browser also generates other information, including which language the
site is displayed in, and your Internet Protocol address (“IP address”). An IP
address is a set of numbers which is assigned to your computer during a
browsing session whenever you log on to the Internet via your internet service
provider or your network (if you access the Internet from, for example, a
computer at work). Your IP address is automatically logged by our servers and
used to collect traffic data about visitors to our web sites. We do not use
your IP address to identify you personally.
9. We only keep cookies for the duration of your visit to our website, except
where you save your login name as referred to above.
10. We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal
information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose
on-line. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and
dealing on-line over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any
breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
11. You have the right to see personal data (as defined in the Data
Protection Act) that we keep about you, upon receipt of a written request and
payment of a fee. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on
you is incorrect please contact us (see details below).
12. Please be aware that our site may link to other web sites which may be
accessed through our site. We are not responsible for the data policies or
procedures or the content of these linked web sites.
For further information about shopping please read our Terms